K2 server C drive is out of space? K2 files in D drive? Required to format D drive to allocate more space to C drive?
Yes, you are in the right blog! Recently i had a client require to increase C drive storage space due to the increasing of usage. The server itself not only K2 but SQL as well. The problem here is that K2 files are installed on D drive. In order to allocate space into C drive, it would require to remove D drive and allocate the remaining space to C drive.
So what can we do? A standard answer will be uninstall K2 components then reinstall it again. But we manage to come out with another quick workaround. Following are the steps took to achieve the results:
- Allocate a new drive with some storage space called it F drive.
- Copy all the K2 files to F drive
- Format and delete D drive
- Allocate the space to C drive
- Change F drive back to D
- Viola! Your K2 should start working as per norm.
- We encounter some issues while formatting the D drive, if it prompts for access or files in used error, try restarting the server and do it again.
- Do a VM snapshot before this exercise